1. Shatz, A., J. Rogan, Y. O. Himmelberger, and H. Chen. 2012. Creating and Analyzing a Time Series of Species Distribution Models: Asian Longhorned Beetle (Anoplophora glabripennis) in Worcester County, MA. Annual Conference of Association of American Geographers (AAG 2012), Feb. 24-28, 2012, New York City, New York.
2. Zhu, H. and H. Chen. 2009. A quantitative evaluation of image segmentation quality. ASPRS 2009 Annual Conference, March 9-13, 2009, Baltimore, Maryland.
3. Chen, H. 2007. Which gradients are associated with successes and failures of land change predictions. Annual Conference of Association of American Geographers (AAG2007), April 17-21, 2007, San Francisco, California.
4. Pontius Jr., R., O. Thontteh, and H. Chen. 2007. Map comparison to assess the prediction of vegetation response to El Nino in Southern Africa. The 7th World Congress of the International Association for Landscape Ecology (2007 IALE), July 8-12, 2007, Wageningen, Netherlands (http://www.iale2007.com/).
5. Pontius, R.G., Jr., H. Chen, and O. Thontteh. 2005. Multiple scale pattern recognition and the foundation of observation-free statistics. Conference Proceedings of the Meeting of the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. March 7-11, Baltimore, Maryland, 11p.